Monday, December 1, 2014

Monthly Update: December 2014


Yeah, yeah.  I know November doesn't have 31 days in the month, but I'm just too lazy to "design" a banner for all the other months that don't want to conform to the non-universal standard of 31 days per month.  I vote going back to 10 months with ~40 days a piece and call it square.  Who needs July and August anyway!?

Before we get to the wonderful land of video games, I obviously have to mention the release of the new Star Wars teaser and, the full Jurassic World trailer and that the final film in The Hobbit film trilogy will be released in just over two weeks.  I'm excited for both, although I am a bit apprehensive since I don't want to be hurt by The Battle of the Five Armies the same way that I was hurt by Return of the King.  I just can't take it anymore.

So there's been quite few AAA games released this past month: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Shadow of Mordor, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo: Masterchief Collection, Farcry 4, Little Big Planet 3.  Some would not consider Assassin's Creed Unity so much a game as it is buggy work in progress that sold for $59.99.  Grand Theft Auto V saw it's XBox One release with the PC (pov sex) release early next year.  Granted, I'm not interested in all of them (cough-cough Call of Duty cough-cough) and some others.

Then there are the games to be released in December: A Game of Thrones: A Tell Tale Games Series. . . and that appears to be it, at least all that I'm interested in.

But these are all games that I haven't played.  Sure I'd love to play Shadows of Mordor (is it one shadow or multiple because I can't keep the name straight), but I'm not 100% sure my system would be able to handle it's meaty man-flesh requirements.  But enough about our faults and more about what we've been up to.

During the last month I figured out that Dead Island: Riptide didn't want to function well on my computer, I was able to get RAGE to function well on my computer, and I am now three pieces shy of constructing the Staff of Chaos in The Elder Scrolls: Chapter One: Arena.  I briefly toyed with the idea of booting up Civ. V in honor of Thanksgiving, but that turned to not after finding out that RAGE worked; I'm a sucker for a well constructed fps in a post apocalyptic world; although J.K. Stiles and Mutant Bash TV can go suck on a curb for all I care; janky bastard.  I also started up Dark Souls and have determined that I need to create another character, for the fourth time; it all boils down to trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

This month, I'll be looking forward to Steam's Winter Sale, which will probably be coming on the heals of their Fall "Exploration Sale" which ended yesterday (December 2nd).  I've got some leftover money in my wallet from selling cosmetic stuff in TF2 and some gift cards that I bought myself from Game Stop.  Which is horrible in a way because I already have a massive backlog of games (which I have talked about on occasion) that I have yet to play and not some little three hour game, but massive honkers like Dragon Age: Origins, Fable, Baldur's Gate I & II, Dead Space 2 & 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum & Arkham City, Dark Souls, Bioshock Infinite, Final Fantasy VIII, The Elder Scrolls: Chapter II: Daggerfall, as well as ginormous wallabasses that I haven't even finished yet Final Fantasy VII, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion &  Arena, FEZ, Torchlight II, Path of Exile, RAGE, Anodyne, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Braid, The Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, BIT.TRIP Presents, Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, and the first Fallout game.  Oh, bloody hell I forgot Fallout(s) 2 through Fallout: New Vegas which I haven't touched yet.

I haven't even mentioned games on my 3DS and PSP that are still waiting to be completed/started/finished/begun/Double Double Animal Style with a Strawberry Shake.

And yet, there are still more games waiting to get in the queue just on the horizon.

There is no hope.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
God Help

No comments:

Post a Comment