Wednesday, April 22, 2015

MIDI Week Singles: "Left 4 Dead" - Left 4 Dead (PC)


"Left 4 Dead" from Left 4 Dead on the PC (2008).
Composed by: Mike Morasky
No official soundtrack release


I love how simple this song is.  Back when I was working, I would find myself whistling this song as I walked down hallways, while folding laundry, waiting for people to finish using the bathroom to I could go in and assist them (typical assisted living stuff).  It's just a sad little melancholy (redundant I know) diddy that has just a smidgen of hope left.  Considering that Left 4 Dead is a first person shooter involving infected/zombie-types, "Left 4 Dead" is a rather peaceful and calming track, wonderfully juxtaposed with all the mayhem that takes place shortly after this music stops.

I specifically chose the Left 4 Dead theme from the first game as opposed to one of the many variations from Left 4 Dead 2 because I just wanted the theme without any twangy embellishments, although I do love how the theme was molded to suit each location in L4D2.  But for today, the end of three straight weeks of Dead Space posts, I thought this vocally sung song would be perfect.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

P.S. Holy shit!  Did you know that Mike Morasky was the lead/senior crowd technical director on the Lord of the Rings trilogy!?  Yeah, neither did I.  

No comments:

Post a Comment