Wednesday, January 7, 2015

MIDI Week Singles: "Dark Flute" - Super Brothers: Sword and Sworcery EP (PC) (Android)



"Dark Flute" from Sword and Sworcery EP (PC)(Android)
Publisher: SuperBrothers and Jim Guthrie
Composer: Jim Guthrie
Developer: SuperBrothers




I chose this song because it has been my ringtone for over a year.  Truly, there are many excellent songs from Sword and Sworcery EP, and I may want to do a Game Scores feature to cast a light on the whole, beautiful soundtrack.  I got this game as part of a Humble Indie Bundle, and fortunately, I was able to get a copy of the soundtrack to Sword and Sworcery EP and several other games as part of this bundle.  This soundtrack and others made their rounds on my phone during work.

I'm very happy to be sharing a song from this soundtrack, as it is one of my favorite soundtracks and favorite games of the last three years.  Dark, and haunting, with sweeping rises in volume and intensity, Jim Guthrie's composition style is very atmospheric while also exciting.  

-D

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this is a pretty awesome song. I feel like I'm on the outset of a journey, taking me far away from what I would call my home.

    This soundtrack crops up a lot when I listen to my music on random and I'm thinking that I just need to listen to the whole thing in its entirety.

    And now that I think about it, I really need to play the game.

    ReplyDelete