Wednesday, October 1, 2014

MIDI Week Singles: "Dragonborn" - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)


I could really do a Game Scores post about the music from this soundtrack, but I would find it nearly impossible as I tend to limit myself to three to four tracks, so I decided to post an article for the MIDI Week Singles instead.

"Dragonborn" from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PC (2011)
Composer: Jeremy Soule
Record Label: DirectSong
Game Developer: Bethesda Game Studios


By now I'm sure that a lot of you have heard this song and/or are at least familiar with its existence.  For those of you who have never heard this song before, you're welcome.

As would be the case with any long running series, there will be people who say that this song is better than that song or that this song sucks because this is when the series became too commercialized or even that that one song is terrible because the composer slept with more than five people in a ten year span and they're totally a whore, because my cousin said so.  All of that aside, I find that this song still gives me chills.

I will still listen to this song all the way through whenever I start up Skyrim, which, honestly, hasn't been too often recently, but that's because I have a queue that needs whittling down.

Really, this is one of the reasons why I started doing the MWS posts, for songs that could exist away from their respective video game and be enjoyed for the music experiences that they offer.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment