So, on this lovely, windy, Saturday morning, I decided to give VVVVVV a shot. Played for 45 mins. I was very pleased with what I found.
- Minimalism: this game has got it. Good Minimalism. For Example:
- There are four buttons. Left, Right, Action, Menu. That is all.
- It looks like something between an Atari 2600 game and an NES game, which I realize may be a wider field that I previously gave it credit for.
- Level design. This game has got it! And it is informed by the minimalism. I am consistently stimulated by each screen. This game keeps me on my toes. The designers don't seem to have any trouble keeping it interesting within the limits they've set.
- Fine touches. This game has a number of little, not terribly important things, that add depth to the game. I really appreciate it.
- And it's got a kickin' soundtrack too!