- I cheated twice. I looked up solutions on the internet to two puzzles. I am not ashamed.
- When I got to the end, I said "I'm definitely playing through this game again." Without cheating.
- The Atmosphere of this game is fantastic. I give the game maximum score for graphics and sound.
- I recommend everyone play this game for one hour. If you're not hooked by then, you're not going to be.
- The spider is so awesome!
- My only gripe is with the gameplay is around the controls and a couple of the puzzles. On the one hand, the limited agility and ability of the player adds to the atmosphere. On the other hand: Sometimes it takes away from the atmosphere when I just keep dying over and over again. The feeble little jumps just aren't satisfying and sometimes I feel like the button response could be just a little tighter. Maybe it's my PC. Also: Why does this kid drown in three feet of water?! Can't he just dog paddle or something?
- No, I don't have any suggestions for solutions to the problems in #6. Puzzle games are bound to stump you some of the time. And everyone who plays it will have a different experience. I breezed through some puzzles, struggled and was rewarded by feeling smart when I finished other puzzles. And then some of the puzzles I flipped-off the game and looked it up on the internet.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
First Impressions: LIMBO
On Friday I got sick, and by Saturday evening, I had played through and beaten LIMBO. Here are some notes on my gaming experience: