Saturday, July 20, 2013

Who's this, and why is he posting here?

Hi everybody,  I thought I'd stop by and drop a post on this here blog, just to let you know I'm still around, and I'm alright.  Through a series of shifting priorities, I have lost touch with my posting schedule.  After work I feel about as creative as a slug, and these days on weekends, I tend to have plans.  Saturday mornings were always the best time for me, I'd wake up early, make some coffee, play a few moves in my online chess games and then I'd start writing.  Sometimes I'd finish up a post I had been brewing for a while, other times I would just crank one out cold.  Sometimes I'd do both, and then pick one to publish now and one to publish later.

Well, all of that has been screwed up lately.  The floating cloud of shit passed through the giant jet engine at my work, right around June 1st.  Though for a couple months before that we were all saying: 'what's that?  I think it's a giant cloud of shit!  shouldn't we turn around?  Umm.. Guys?"  which was pretty stressful as it was.  Stress is a funny thing, you might think that writing helps me relieve stress, and it sometimes does.  But the high levels going on there pushed me past healthy stress relievers, like writing, jogging, rock climbing-- and straight into bad stress relievers like late nights and booze.  Woops.  Anyway, suffice it to say, my rhythms are all screwed up.  

But I haven't lost touch completely.  I'm here to say I care.  really, I do.  I want, nay, need you all to know this.   See how desperate and pleading this post has become?  That's what I'm talking about.  (Coffee always helps with hyperbole, I've noticed.  Been drinking a ton of that as well, lately!)  I guess it hasn't been all bad.  I went camping, hiked at Horsetail falls, and tomorrow I'm hitting up Mt. Tam.  So, that's pretty sweet.  Which reminds me of something video game related.  Someone once called Proteus a 'hiking simulator' -- I'm totally down with that description.  

Here's a short list of video game related things I've been meaning to write about, but can't seem to gather my consciousness into a focused ball, and project into script:  Sequels, what makes a good sequel? (inspired by my love for Zelda II); RYUU fantasy card game (really want to research this one, it looks pretty cool); Steam greenlight game: residue; Meta Tetris (you figure this one out); Ti99 games: Wumpus, Amaze-ing; Word/Number Munchers!  Atlantica Online; Reus; Online Rental; Ultima PC vs NES.

I take these notes all throughout the day.  I really to enjoy spending time meditating on a particular topic, doing web research (the web is AMAZING for research) and then writing.  Funny thing is that even when I am writing regularly, I often have a hard time being patient enough to write and edit a posting to my complete satisfaction.  It's sort of this way with all my hobbies, though.  

Okay, so, that's all for now.  Thanks for checking in,  I'll be back.

D


P.S.  The World War Z movie suuuuuuuuuuucked!

No comments:

Post a Comment