Saturday, March 16, 2013

Drinking Quest 3: Nectar of the Gods

Copyright: Canada ~ Her Royal Majesty, The Queen of England


I don't know when it was that I first found out about Drinking Quest.  I think it might have actually been one of those "customized" adds on the right hand side of the screen while I was browsing facebook.  I don't even remember what made me click on the link, but I did and I'm pretty thankful that I did too.

Drinking Quest is the brainchild of Jason Anarchy, both of whom are based in Canada.  So, if you're looking to purchase said quest, you'll be converting your native currency to Canadian dollars, unless you already live in Canada.  Enough of the brass tacks though, Drinking Quest is a card game set in a fictional fantasy world where you have to. . . um, do stuff and drink while doing it.  It's all very non-complicated and it all sounds like fun as I have admittingly not played any of the games.  I have however played both Munchkin and Dungeons & Dragons (as well as Advanced Dungeons & DragonsDrunk Dungeons & Dragons and Editions 2, 3, 3.5 and 4), so I feel somewhat qualified to plug these beautiful Canadians.

Now this is where the above mentioned link comes in, when I clicked the aforementioned advertisement, it took me to Indiegogo, which is kind of like Kickstarter, except that it isn't.  That's the only difference that I've noticed.  Maybe there are more differences, but I haven't found them yet, mainly because I haven't looked.  It turns out that Drinking Quest has had two previous iterations prior to Drinking Quest 3: Nectar of the Gods, which they are trying to crowdfund up to their initial goal of $11,500 Canadian (that's $11,280.04 US).  The video up on their Indiegogo page is below to give you an idea of how these people seem to have done a great job blending Dungeons & Dragons and Canada (the drinking game, not the country, although that too I guess, considering that is the game's origin):

Looking at their Indiegogo page, I really feel the best option, if you have the money, is the $65 ($85 with shipping) option, which earns/gives/buys you hard copies of all three games.  Volume 1 is currently sold out and not available on their website, so the only way to acquire Volume 1, is by helping them reach their goal of $11,500, of which they are 73.8% complete and there are still 24 days left in their campaign.

That's all I will say, which has been a bit.  I'll probably go help fund them sometime within the week but they definitely seem to be on their way towards reaching their goal and that's mainly what this is all about: people doing something they love and having like-minded people helping out.

~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Another Brick in Hadrian's Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment